Members should note that use of the new Club Skiff now includes filling in a form to explain why it was used. The rules for use are outlined below:
The Club Skiff Workboat is a 14’ Lifetimer aluminum skiff with 25 hp Suzuki outboard (License # BC6728375), moored at the club under the supervision of the Rear Commodore for the purpose of maintenance and safety of the marina. It may be used for the following purposes:
- Club-sanctioned work or events
- Towing of debris from marina
- Emergency towing or assistance
WHO MAY USE IT
It may be used by the Foreshore team, or other Club members mooring at the marina. The Skiff is not available for personal use, or maintenance of members’ boats. Use for work or events will ordinarily be arranged in advance, but emergency use is at the discretion of responding members. In both cases, a Club Skiff Log report should be submitted to the Rear Commodore after use to assist in planning Skiff maintenance.
RULES FOR USING THE SKIFF
- Maximum capacity of the skiff is 4 persons.
- Personal flotation to be worn at all times.
- Please check fuel supply before and after use.
- Please use supplied moveable roller when pulling or lowering line and chain.
- Please clean up after use.
- Ensure power cord is plugged in to charger after use.
- Ensure engine is tilted clear of water after use.
- Please submit Club Skiff Log report after use (forms available *online or in Rear Commodore’s mail slot, where they should be deposited after filling out).
*The form is available at the bottom of the Documents page, available to logged-in members under the Member Resources menu above.