Members will be notified by email blast of Club issues regarding COVID19. The following is a summary of all changes due to the virus and is kept up to date as much as possible. The most recent changes are listed first.
Reciprocal Moorage: Members should note that reciprocal/visitor moorage is still closed for 2020. We are not welcoming visitors of any kind this summer yet. Please make sure your friends know this. It is clear on our Visitors Moorage page.
Member use of the inflatable Coach boats must be prior-organized through the Fleet Captain Dinghy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any emergency use must be followed by an email or text to the Fleet Captain Dinghy, explaining the unauthorized use.
Sailing School registration has begun as of June 15th, for a July 6 start. Refer to the sailing school pages under the pulldown menu above.
The General Meeting scheduled for June 23 has been cancelled. The Board will keep the members fully informed over the summer.
Guess Who’s Coming for Appies? (originally scheduled for June 12) has been removed from the calendar.
Vendée Saltspring 2020 has been cancelled. Stay tuned for a possible alternative weekend event for Club members only, using COVID19 racing protocols.
The free online weather course offered by fellow member and CPS instructor Dennis Fortin has ended, with about 20 Club members having taken part. Dennis is thanked for his dedication and preparation of materials for the course, as well as for managing the new meeting technology.
The May and June Board meetings were held virtually, on schedule, as the Club has purchased the Zoom technology for holding virtual meetings.
The Easter Race/Cruise has been postponed and will be rescheduled for later in the year.
The fire extinguisher check planned for April 19 has been postponed.
The Spring work party originally scheduled for April 4 has been cancelled.
The following changes to Club events were made previously:
March 30-April 3 Power Squadron Radio Course cancelled
March 31 Reciprocal Presentation postponed
The Round Saltspring Race has been postponed until further notice.
Opening Day Sailpast and Safety Day and the Sailing School Open House were cancelled.
Clubhouse bookings will be cancelled and no booking requests will be accepted until further notice. We have a new Clubhouse Booking Coordinator, Ruth Riddell, who is taking over the position from retiring coordinator Nelly TomKee, who is thanked for her many years of dedication to the position.
Club races will be run under modified protocols. Contact email@example.com for the latest protocols.
Reciprocal and visitor moorage is now closed until further notice due to COVID19, a socially distanced sailing school, and the F Dock replacement project.